Indian Premier League in the year 2013 will begin on 3rd April 2013 and the final match will be played on 26th May 2013. The IPL 6 or IPL 2013 will have a total of 76 matches.
The much talked about Indian Premier League is due for its sixth season and has been making news ever since it first started in the year 2008. However, it has not always been talked for right reasons. The media had a field day reporting massive amounts for which the players were hired, the keen interest of foreign players in IPL for the very reason, generous sums that BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India and the governing body for the IPL) spent to organize the event, the glitterati of India showing a keen interest in the event and buying the franchisees when they were up for sale, the all decked up and happening IPL after parties and what not.
IPL is India's professional league and its answer to other international leagues like those of England and Australia. However, IPL surpassed them all by its sheer fan following. The scale at which the event is organized is something which could not be easily matched. IPL established the fact that BCCI indeed is the richest cricket control board.
The IPL teams
|Chennai Super Kings||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rajasthan Royals|
|Delhi Daredevils||Mumbai Indians||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Kings XI Punjab||Pune Warriors India||Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Season||Number of teams||Finalists||The Winners|
|2008||8||Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings||Rajasthan Royals|
|2009||8||Hyderabad Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore||Hyderabad Deccan Chargers|
|2010||8||Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||10||Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||9||Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders||Kolkata Knight Riders|
Some Quick IPL Facts:
- Suresh Raina has maximum total of runs (2254) in all the IPL seasons so far. He plays for the Chennai Super Kings.
- Lasith Malinga is the bowler with maximum wickets in IPL. As many as 83 players were sent back to pavilion by him.
- The highest ever score in IPL is 158*. Brendon McCullum is the player to have this record to his credit.
- Chris Gayle has hit maximum number of sixes (129) in the IPL so far.
- Gautam Gambhir is the highest paid IPL player till date. Kolkata Knight Riders spent $2.4 million to get him to play for the team in the year 2011.
comments powered by Disqus