1) Gagan Narang won a bronze medal in the men's 10 metre air rifle event in the 2012 Olympic Games on 30th July 2012. This was India's third shooting medal in Indian Olympic history. Gagan Narang had a total score of 701.1 which gave him bronze only losing to Italy's Niccolo Campriani who took silver with a score of 701.5. Gagan Narang is from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Gagan's bronze was the first medal for India at the 2012 London Olympics.
2) Vijay Kumar won a silver medal in the men's 25 m rapid fire pistol event on 3rd August 2012, making it the second individual Silver medal for India in any Olympics and the second medal in the 2012 Olympics. This was Vijay Kumar's first Olympics and was happy to win a medal, which he dedicated to his state. He finished with a score of 9.767. Vijay Kumar is from Hamirpur district, Himachal Pradesh. Vijay's silver was the second medal for India at 2012 London Olympics.
3) Saina Nehwal won a bronze medal in women's singles in badminton on 4th August 2012 and became the first Indian to win a medal in Badminton at the Olympics. She also became the second Indian woman to win an individual medal. Saina was trailing with a score of 18-21, 0-1 in the match when her opponent Xin Wang retired hurt, resulting in Saina winning the Bronze medal. Saina Nehwal is from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Saina's bronze was the third medal for India at 2012 London Olympics.
4) Mary Kom won a Bronze medal in the women's flyweight category in Boxing on 8th August 2012 and became the third Indian woman to win an individual medal at the Olympics. Mary Kom lost the bout to Nicol Adams with a score of 6 - 11 in the semi-finals to settle for a bronze medal. The mother of two from Manipur was completely out-boxed by her opponent in all four rounds. She tried her best and was happy to get a bronze becoming the first Indian women boxer to claim an Olympic medal. Mary Kom is from Imphal, Manipur. Mary's bronze was the fourth medal for India at 2012 London Olympics.
5) Yogeshwar Dutt won a Bronze medal in the men's freestyle 60 kg wrestling event at the 2012 London Olympics on 11th August 2012. This is the third individual medal in wrestling. He defeated North Korean wrestler Ri Jong-Myong for the bronze medal with a score of (0-1, 1-0, 6-0). Yogeshwar Dutt is from Sonipat district, Haryana. Yogeshwar's bronze was the fifth medal for India at 2012 London Olympics.
6) Sushil Kumar won a Silver medal in 66 kg Freestyle wrestling event at the 2012 Olympics on 12th August 2012 and became the first Indian to win a medal in back-to-back Olympics. He had previously won a bronze medal in the 2008 Olympics. Sushil Kumar lost his final bout to his Japanese opponent Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu, with a score of 3-1 and secured a silver medal. Sushil Kumar is from Baprola, Delhi. Sushil's silver was the sixth and final medal for India at 2012 London Olympics.
|Medals Tally for 2012 London Olympics|
Last Updated on 8/6/2012