T20 World Cup 2012 Tickets Booking Information


Booking of Tickets for Twenty20 World Cup, Sri Lanka



Booking of tickets for the much sought after cricket event of the year, the T20 ICC World Cup 2012, was started on March 26, 2012 at box offices, MoneyGram outlets and all booking sites in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
It received a huge response from the public and by the evening, some of the categories were temporarily unavailable. The highest demand was registered for the Sri Lanka group games and Super Eight matches. This time the sales process is designed in such a way that the temporarily unavailable categories would be made available in subsequent phases.

Booking made Easy


The chief executive officer of Sri Lanka cricket (SLC) Mr. Ajit Jayasekera later on announced the availability of the World Cup tickets online. It was comparatively easier to file application, select the ticket, pay and print the receipt online. Mr. Jayasekera requested the cricket fans to log on to the website, "www.icc-cricket.com" and book the ticket from there. On 30th March 2012, the sales of tickets went global. Box-offices were established in the capital Colombo, Kandy and Hambantota. They are also made available at selected MoneyGram outlets in the Bank of Ceylon branches.

How to Book a Ticket


A valid national identity card or a passport has to be produced to buy tickets from these outlets. The MoneyGram is the official money transfer partner of the ICC, having near about 34 key locations and over 1500 agent locations, which have received tremendous response from the cricket fans so far. As a rule a person buying tickets for key matches such as the super eights, the semifinals and final cannot buy more than four tickets. For the rest of the matches, an individual cannot buy more than six tickets.

Booking Tickets Online


People, who have bought tickets online i.e. through www.icc-cricket.com, would have to produce a receipt to redeem the actual tickets at the specific box office, created by SLC. The entry tickets can be collected after 1st August 2012. Sri Lankan cricket authorities have been very kind to the cricket fans as the entry level tickets are sold at a starting price of as little as US $0.25 for the group matches and for the final match the tickets are available between US $3 to US $45.

ICC Woman's World Twenty20


To promote woman's cricket ICC has kept the entry for ICC women's world cup Twenty20 free of charge. The women's semifinals and final would be conducted in the same stadium and on the same date as the men's semifinals and final. The women's group matches will take place at the Galle Cricket ground.

The ICC world Twenty20, 2012, would be held from September 18 till October 7, 2012 and most of the men's group matches would be played at Colombo, Humbontota and Pallekelle Cricket grounds. This is the first time that an Asian country has got the honor to host the ICC world Twenty20 tournament; earlier the ICC Twenty20 world cup have been conducted in South Africa, England and the Caribbean.

The Second Phase of Ticket-Sales


The second phase of ticket-sales will commence from 1st of August, 2012. So far only 8% tickets have been sold due to restriction in the first phase; the rest of the 92% tickets would be made available only from 1st August 2012. From the trends of tickets sales so far, one can easily guess that the stadiums of the ICC world Twenty20, 2012, would be jam-packed. The T20 cricket is exciting, vibrant and full of passion and glamour and Sri Lanka is a country of cricket maniacs; that is the reason that we are expecting some passionate cricket in this World Cup. The Sri Lankan cricket authorities have also welcomed the cricket fans to grace the events during women's tournament to be held in Galle.





Last Updated on 9/27/2012

comments powered by Disqus